Why a newborn photography mentoring?
As a self-taught photographer, I know how struggling, time demanding and frustrating this road can be. I’ve invested invaluable hours into researching, studying, gathering resources, understanding my business and perfecting my techniques, from customer service, managing my business, through shooting, editing and selling, I now feel I’ve reached to that point where I’m confident and happy with a process that is giving me consistent results. I now run my own studio as a “solo” photographer and I’m very proud and excited to share my knowledge.
No more trial and error, no more guessing, let me share my experiences and way of doing things and help you pave the road to newborn photography success, it has worked for me, and why not, it could work for you too!
I will help you gather the elements needed to get the most out of your sessions properly and to get it right on camera for almost perfect SOOC (straight out of camera) images and very little editing time.
There’s no magic wand to make it happen, but there are tips, tools, dedication and lots of practice.
A private mentoring with me provides all the knowledge of a workshop with the added benefits of one on one learning.
What will you learn
- Session preamble: selling your services and products, parents preparation, session planning and follow through (from scheduling to delivering)
- Scenarios: beanbag and props setup
- Lightning techniques: rules that apply to both natural light and strobes (studio light). Differences between natural light and studio light
- Camera technique: color balancing, exposure, focusing, angles, frame and composition
- Session workflow:
- Safety while posing
- Beanbag routine: posing and transitioning smoothly on the beanbag for time optimization
- Posing in props
- Posing with parents
- Improvisation: adapting to different and unplanned situations to make the most out of your session
- Attention to detail, attention to detail and attention to detail (yes, many times!)
- Baby soothing: understanding baby’s needs and techniques for soothing
- Props: creative ideas for prop stocking on a budget
- Editing: Lightroom and Photoshop workflow, efficiency and consistency in retouching with my Retouching Workflow Action (an easy to follow step by step series of actions for the most common editing needs in newborn photos)
- Customer service and sales made simple
- A little bit of marketing and social media
- Photoshop action set: my retouching workflow made into an easy to follow, step by step, set of actions for you to install on your own computer
- Digital posing reference guide
- Document references: price list, contract, parents preparation email and other
- Private support
- Your choice of 1 or 2 day mentorship
- Language: English or Spanish
- 2 posing sessions per day: 2 newborn babies to work with
- Q&A and hands-on throughout the session
One day mentoring
9:00 a.m. Arrival at the studio, light breakfast
9:30 a.m. Props set-up
10:00 a.m. Session starts, first model
1:00 p.m. Snack break
1:15 p.m. Second model
4:30 p.m. End of session
5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Lunch
5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Lightroom and Photoshop digital workflow
Two day mentoring
Same agenda as one day but Editing slot would take place only on day two
Who’s this class for?
Enthusiast photographers, beginners or professionals who want to understand, learn and improve the necessary techniques for posing and photographing newborns.
Please keep in mind that this is not an introductory photography course, this is a specialization in newborn photography, therefore attendees must have good understanding of photography basics such as exposure, aperture, shutter speed, ISO. Must know how to set up and handle their own camera and must have experience and feel comfortable shooting in manual mode.
What do you need to bring?
The suggested equipment is a DSLR camera and a 50mm prime (fixed) lens or a zoom lens with a range that includes 50mm. Optional macro lens.
Notebook and pencil to take notes.
1 Day class: 1 attendee $2600. 2 attendees $2100 p/p
2 Day class: 1 attendee $3900. 2 attendees $3200 p/p
Location: my studio in Doral, FL
If you’re interested in private mentoring, my agenda is flexible so we can schedule it at your earliest convenience.
To reserve a day you would have to pay $500 non refundable fee and the amount due up to two weeks before the day of the class.
If you want to stay close to the studio, there’s a great option just a couple of blocks away.
The hotel information is
8720 NW 33rd St
Miami, FL 33172
+1 (800) 804-3724
Make sure you book the one in this address, that’s the one close to the studio.